The Flutterby Room

I'm a book blogger at http://theflutterbyroom.com and have been for the past couple of years. I thought I would give this site a try.

Review: Archangel's Shadows

Archangel's Shadows (Guild Hunter) - Nalini Singh

ARCHANGEL’S SHADOWS is the seventh addition to Nalini Singh’s brilliant GUILD HUNTER series. The book is split into two main plots – the fallout from the events of the previous book in the series, and the hunt to find and destroy the monster bringing death to the recovering New York City.

As the seventh book in the series, ARCHANGEL’S SHADOWS builds brilliantly on the over-arching storyline of the series. It also superbly tells the story of Ash and Janvier, and their hunt to find the monster that is haunting New York city. I really liked the fact that Singh split the book between these two storylines, although there is occasional overlap. By splitting the book this way Singh gives an idea of the overall picture of what is going on at this particular time in the GUILD HUNTER world. And a lot is going on.

Having read/heard about about Ash and Janvier in previous books in the series, I was really glad that they finally got their own book. They had been appearing in the background, and appeared in a short story, so I’m glad Singh felt it was time to reveal their story. Their interactions were fun to read, and although their narrative was primarily from Ash’s point of view it was nice to get occasional glimpses from Janvier’s point of view. Ash’s dark and terrible secret, was an interesting one and I really liked the way Singh handled it – the hints, and the reveal. I also really liked the investigation of who – what – the monster was and what it meant. Singh laid some good hints and teases, and I never guessed what was actually going on.

The politics side of the book, that tied in with the overall series storyline, was also quite interesting. It also meant that familiar characters got to return like Elena and Raphael, as well as Dmitri, and several other familiar faces. It was nice to see them, and I actually liked the fact that despite the hunt and romance we got to see what was going on behind the scenes, so to speak. There is a lot going on in this book, and as such it is an engrossing read – I found it hard to put the book down, and ended up reading in about a day. If you are a fan of the GUILD HUNTER series, then you will surely enjoy the additIon of ARCHANGEL’S SHADOWS.

Originally published on The Flutterby Room.

Source: http://theflutterbyroom.com/2015/04/30/review-archangels-shadows-by-nalini-singh