The Flutterby Room

I'm a book blogger at http://theflutterbyroom.com and have been for the past couple of years. I thought I would give this site a try.

Review: Wild Things

Wild Things - Chloe Neill

WILD THINGS is the ninth addition to Chloe Neill’s brilliant Chicagoland Vampires series. Merit’s story continues with the mayor of Chicago looking for someone to blame for Chicago’s recent paranormal activity, and Ethan Sullivan makes a good target. Merit and Ethan retreat only to find another enemy waiting for them.

I have been looking forward to continuing the Chicagoland Vampires and reading WILD THINGS since I heard about its publication, but have only recently been able to get around to reading it. One of the things that I really liked about this book was that despite the gap between me reading the previous book in the series and this one, I was still able to fall straight back into the world and remember who was who. Once I picked this book up I couldn’t put it down; I read from start to finish in one sitting.

WILD THINGS follows the same basic premise as the other books in the series, and I found myself really enjoying the familiarity of the series – even if I didn’t know quite what was going to happen in this book. I also liked the fact that the romance aspect was very much part of the book, but there was a lot more going on to – Neill managed to make all the different parts of the narrative flow well together. I also thought that Neill handled Merit’s friendship with Mallory well, showing that even best friends need to work on their relationship. I also really liked the mystery aspect to the plot and how it was resolved; it seemed pretty logical and realistic to me.

Originally posted on The Flutterby Room.

Source: http://theflutterbyroom.com/2015/02/26/review-wild-things-by-chloe-neill